Interesting Facts about Workplace Stress
Workplace stress can cause decreased productivity, employee turnover, and even increased healthcare costs. Learning to identify the factors that cause job stress and implementing programs that can monitor and decrease stress levels will result in a happier and healthier workplace.
Workplace Stress Facts:
- Forty percent of employees said their workload increased in the past 12 months (Metlife, 2010).
- Sixty-nine percent of employees report that work is a significant source of stress and 41% say they typically feel tense or stressed out during the workday (American Psychological Association, 2009).
- Fifty-one percent of employees said they were less productive at work as a result of stress (American Psychological Association, 2009).
- Thirty-one percent of working fathers say they would leave their jobs if their spouse/partner could financially support the family and another 30% would take a cut in pay to spend more time with their children (CareerBuilder Inc., 2009).
- The top five reasons employees stay with a particular company are: exciting and challenging work; opportunities for career growth, learning and development; high-quality co-workers; fair pay; and supportive management (Kaye & Jordan-Evans, 2008).
- Eighty-three percent of e-mail users admit to checking their mail once a day while actually on vacation (AOL, 2007).
- Fifty-two percent of employees say that job demands interfere with family or home responsibilities, while 43% say that home and family responsibilities interfere with job performance (American Psychological Association, 2007).
- Eighteen percent of U.S. workers put in more than 48 hours a week (International Labour Organization, 2007).
- Fifty-two percent of employees report that they have considered or made a decision about their career such as looking for a new job, declining a promotion or leaving a job based on workplace stress (American Psychological Association, 2007).
- Twenty-four percent of employees work six or more hours per week without pay, and 47% of management does the same (Randstad, 2007).
- A 7 Day Workout to Deal with Stress
- Interesting Facts About Blizzards
- Little Known Facts about Stress
- Interesting Facts About College Students
Please leave your comments or share with your friends if you like Interesting Facts about Workplace Stress