2012 Year in Review : 12 Interesting events around the World
Year 2012 is very interesting and exciting. Here is 2012 year in review of 12 interesting events happened around the world in the year 2012. This list includes major things and events happened.
12 Interesting Events in 2012:
- London Olympics: The 2012 Summer Olympic Games where held in London in July. More than 10,000 athletes from 204 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) participated.
- CERN team announced that they found the Gods particle in LHC. And Recently in December they confirmed presence of Higgs Boson. The LHC is the largest and most complex machine ever made. Discovery: In July
- GangnamStyle: It is the most popular music video of the year by the South Korean musician PSY. It has got more than 1 billion YouTube hits. The song was released in July 2012 .
- ‘s stock loss: 28 year old Mark Zuckerberg lost $6.4 billion on paper overall. He admitted that Facebook’s tanking share price is ‘painful’ to watch. The stock fell to $19 – half its IPO price in August 16th Thursday. Facebook’s stock plunged 6.3 per cent to an all-time low.
- Sandy Hurricane: During late October the 13-day devastating East Coast storm killed more than 100 people, destroyed whole communities in coastal New York and New Jersey, left tens of thousands homeless, crippled mass transit, triggered paralyzing gas shortages, inflicted billions of dollars in infrastructure damage and cut power to more than 8 million homes, some of which remained dark for weeks.
- Mayan End of the World: This is most exciting event of 2012 and World did not end as expected in December 21, and so every one is happy about it. The world realized that It is just the end of the Mayan calendar.
- Transit of Venus: The transit of Venus across the Sun took place on 5 and 6 June 2012, and was the last of the 21st century; the prior transit took place on 8 June 2004. The previous pair of transits were in December 1874 and December 1882. The next transits of Venus will be December 10–11, 2117, and in December 2125
- Super Earth Discovered: In November Researchers found exoplanet, a so-called “super-Earth” called HD 40307g, is located inside its host star’s habitable zone, a just-right range of distances where liquid water may exist on a world’s surface. And the planet lies a mere 42 light-years away from Earth, meaning that future telescopes might be able to image it directly.
- Miss Universe 2012: 20 year old Olivia Culpo, beat out 88 competitors and won the title on Wednesday night at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA on December 19th. She is the first American to win the title in 15 yeas; An American had not won the Miss Universe title since Brook Lee won in 1997.
- Microsoft Surface Tablet: The First tablet from Microsoft was announced on June 18 by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and The Surface RT launched with the general availability release of Windows 8 on October 26, 2012.
- Sandy Concert on 12-12-12: World’s greatest musicians rocked out at Madison Square Garden in 12-12-12 concert to benefit victims of the storm. $30 million had been raised from ticket sales and all the donations proceeded to the Robin Hood Relief Fund—the same foundation that organized the Concert for New York City after 9/11. as part of the
- President Obama Re-election: The US presidential election was held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. The Democratic nominee, President Barack Obama was elected to a second term.
- Microsoft Surface and iPad Comparison
- Miss Universe 2012 : Olivia Culpo
- Have Scientists Found 2 Different Higgs Bosons?
- Review of science in 2012: A big red planet and a tiny particle
- Transit of Venus: viewing opportunities
Please leave your comments or share with your friends if you like 2012 Year in Review : 12 Interesting events around the World