Forgetting Subject line in Outlook EMail?
Are you forgetting subject line in outlook email ? well don’t worry it’s not only your personal problem. We all probably have at least once forgot to put the subject of the email and just hit ‘Send’ in hurry and feel foolish afterward. This generally happens when we are in hurry to send something important message without a subject which is often looks unprofessional when you are sending an email to your boss.
Avoid to forget subject line in email
Here is a sure way to avoid forgetting subject lines in your email, by simply following steps.
1. Open your outlook
2. Press Alt+F11. This open the Visual Basic editor
3. On the Left Pane, one can see “Microsoft Outlook Objects“, expand this. Now one can see the “ThisOutLookSession“.
4. Click on “ThisOutLookSession”.
5. Copy and Paste the following code in the right pane.(Code Pane)
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strSubject As String
strSubject = Item.Subject
If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then
Prompt$ = “Subject is Empty. Are you sure you want to send the
If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion +
vbMsgBoxSetForeground, “Check for Subject”) = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
6. Save this andNow close the VB Code editor and take a breath . From now on , this macro will make sure you do not make the mistake of sending a mail without subject
The procedure is same for outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010 other than some security settings
After this whenever you send an email without subject, a pop up window asks for your confirmation so you can make sure that you never forget to put a subject line in your email